Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Namespace problem

From: Marc Schneider <mschneider@--------->
Date: 9/13/2004 9:37:00 PM
Dave -

Since WSDL files have QName in attributes, the namespace prefix in the
attribute can be any in-scope namespace. This deviation from the XPath data
model makes it very difficult to process WSDL files.

Marc

At 04:27 PM 9/13/2004, you wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I may have spoken too soon when I said that using current() did the
trick.
> This apparently works in XalanJ, but XalanC v1.7 appears to have a
problem
> with namespace::* and doesn't evaluate namespace::*[starts-with(name(),
> substring-before(current()/parent::node()/@name,':'))] correctly.
>
> Unfortunately, I need to support XalanC v1.7, does anyone know of a way
> resolve a namespace URI from the prefix in XalanC 1.7?

This is a case where Xalan-C deviates from the XPath data model, and does
not have a namespace node for every in-scope namespace on every element.
The following stylesheet produces the desired result:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
        version="1.0">

<xsl:output encoding="utf-8" />

<xsl:template match="wsdl:operation">
  <xsl:element name="operation">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="contains(parent::node()/@name,':')">
          <xsl:variable name="ns"
select="substring-before(parent::node()/@name, ':')" />
        <xsl:attribute name="portType_nspc">
          <xsl:choose>
            <xsl:when test="contains(parent::node()/@name,':')">
              <xsl:value-of select="namespace::*[name() = $ns]"/>
            </xsl:when>
            <xsl:otherwise>
              <xsl:value-of
select="ancestor::*[last()]/@targetNamespace"/>
            </xsl:otherwise>
          </xsl:choose>
        </xsl:attribute>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        <xsl:attribute name="portType_nspc"/>
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

I've been tempted numerous times to fix this deviation, but the cases
where this has caused a problem have been extremely rare, and the cost in
memory overhead is considerable in many cases.

Dave