Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] applying templates to all but ...

From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@------------->
Date: 9/24/2004 1:20:00 PM
On Sep 24, 2004, at 9:03 AM, David Carlisle wrote:

select="$style-biblio/(for $t in ('article-newspaper','article')
                return cs:reftype[@name=$t])[1]/cs:*"

So, the ('article-newspaper','article') bit would just be a long list
of possible values?

Except the [1] you put near the end is saying to use the first in the
list; right?  Does that not work if you have more than 2?  I'll
probably ultimately have a list of ten or so optional types in each
class.

I should add here I originally planned to not control the value of
optional types in the config schema.  I've sort of concluded that's not
practical between the schema and the xslt code.

and I suspect the outer choose could be simplified as well although I
haven't follwed all your logic.

If you mean the class business, all the logic says is if you have a
relatedItem[@type='host'] (think DC isPartOf), you have a part of
something else (and thus, it will have more than two titles, set of
names, etc.).

Within "parts", you have the two classes: things issued once (like
edited books), and issued continually (like periodicals).

In the schema, the classes are called part-inMonograph and
part-inSerial respectively, but I really want to shield users from that
awkwardness, so it is not apparent in the instances in any obvious way.

All else just has one set of titles, names, etc..

Bruce