Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] applying templates to all but ...

From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@------------->
Date: 9/24/2004 3:43:00 PM
On Sep 24, 2004, at 9:59 AM, David Carlisle wrote:

Except the [1] you put near the end is saying to use the first in the
list; right?

yes or no (depending on what you mean) It doesn't take the first in

_that_ list there would be no point in doing
('article-newspaper','article')[1]

as that's just a long way of writing 'article-newspaper' it takes teh

first element in the sequence of cs:reftype nodes obtained by selecting

the cs:reftypes  with name attribute equal to an item in the list.

So if I have five in the list, and I want all of the first four that
are present in the config file to be applied first, and the last
(article) only, well, last (because it is the fallback)?  I use the
same syntax?

Actually, the optional types only get applied from this template if
they do not contain an "inherit-from" attribute.  Does that change how
you'd code it?  Here's what you had:

<xsl:apply-templates
select="$style-biblio/(for $t in ('article-newspaper','article')
                return cs:reftype[@name=$t])[1]/cs:*">

... in practice you'd want to put the list into a variable or pull it
from a config file or something.

..... and what would, say, the variable actually look like?

Bruce