Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] Any samples of client-side XSLT to generate webpages?

From: "Daniel Joshua" <daniel.joshua@------------>
Date: 7/27/2004 9:19:00 PM
Hi all,

I have not get any samples from anyone on the list yet.

Well here is what I done so far. As you can see I need help making it work
in both IE and Mozilla.

http://202.156.224.29:18080/shatteredspace/news.do (work on IE only)

http://202.156.224.29:18080/shatteredspace/news.do?transform=true (works on
Mozilla only - currently need to manually add the '?transform=true', but I
might automate this later)

Here's the code that either writes out XML with a XSLT stylesheet or uses
saxon to transform into HTML.

  protected void writeDocument()
  {
    try
    {
      boolean transform =
ConversionUtils.primitiveBooleanValue(_request.getParameter(PARAM_TRANSFORM)
);
      if(transform)
      {
        InputStream inputStream =
_request.getSession().getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("stylesheets/"
+ _stylesheet);

        //_response.setContentType("'application/xhtml+xml"); // currently
most browsers do not support this yet
        _response.setContentType("text/html");

        //TODO: Add Caching
        TransformerFactory transformerFactory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();
        Transformer transformer = transformerFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(inputStream));
        transformer.transform(new JDOMSource(_document), new
StreamResult(_response.getOutputStream()));
      }
      else
      {
        _document.addContent(0, new ProcessingInstruction("xml-stylesheet",
"type=\"text/xsl\" href=\"stylesheets/" + _stylesheet + "\""));

        _response.setContentType("text/xml");

        XMLOutputter xmlOutputter = new
XMLOutputter(Format.getPrettyFormat());
        xmlOutputter.output(_document, _response.getWriter());
      }
    }
    catch(Exception ex)
    {
      throw new NestableRuntimeException("Failed to write document", ex);
    }
  }

Any help/suggestions/links/samples would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel
http://www.shatteredspace.net