Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Q: Using C#.net, how to convert ASCII text into XML acceptable text?

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@-------->
Date: 5/6/2004 1:34:00 AM
Shenan Hawkins wrote:

> Hopefully I can get some help with this - sorry if it's not the correct
mailing-list...

You were right, this is not correct mailing list :-)

> Let's assume I have one C# statement:
>

> string myString = "This & That";
>

> Is there a built in method/function that I can call that will turn the
string contents into something that will work in an XML file? (for instance,
convert "&" to "&amp;"... I know I could do a manual .replace method call, but
I want something intrinsic/better)

Use XmlWriter class. It can do a lot of character escaping and namespace
declaration work for you.

					Jirka

   Jirka Kosek     e-mail: jirka@xxxxxxxx     http://www.kosek.cz
   ProfesionC!lnC- E!kolenC- a poradenstvC- v oblasti technologiC- XML.
         Cvod do XML 3.5.            DocBook 18.-19.5.
         XSLT 24.-26.5.              XML pro vC=vojC!Ee 7.-8.6.

[****** removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]