Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] extracting sequences

From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@--------->
Date: 2/18/2004 10:20:00 PM
> Hello,
>
> The following RDF models a hierarchical website of 7 nodes with a max
> depth of 2.

I don't see any graph described in your xml document.

> I would like to transform it into a text file containing
> each path through the site, one per line, where a path is a space
> delimited sequence of hyperlink labels from the root of the site to a
> leaf.
>
> Therefore, for the following RDF data, I'd like to produce:
>
> --
> a d
> a e
> b f
> b g
> c h
> --
>
> Can xslt realize this transformation?

It is not xslt that will create the transformation, but an XSLT
programmer.

> The problem is challenging
> because 1) the RDF data models a DAG (directed acyclic graph), due to
> the presence of crosslinks, rather than just a tree, and 2) there is no
> way to associate any node with its parents and therefore the processing
> must proceed in a top-down, rather than bottom-up, fashion.

Seems quite straightforward to me -- especially if you explain the problem
properly.

Could you draw the graph and explain how its vertices and arcs are
specified in your xml document? What is the meaning of a "crosslink"?

Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev
FXSL developer,