Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] #Please Help: Nested conditions

From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@---------->
Date: 2/20/2004 11:14:00 AM

<snip />
> ... expression: <xsl:template match="node()|@*> processes all "children
> of something" (Kay, 432). What I have difficulty to grasp is: children
> of what? All children of something downstream from the child note of
> <TROW>, which was the last to be processed?

Hi,

That is indeed *one* side of the picture.

To put it in other terms:
All nodes that have been selected by any xsl:apply-templates and have no
higher priority matching template defined for them elsewhere in the
current/imported/included stylesheets.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer.

Cheers,

Andreas