Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] want to process file from STDIN

From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@--------->
Date: 11/6/2003 5:12:00 AM

> Is it possible to use saxon to apply a stylesheet to a file
> that is read
> from STDIN - I would like to apply a series of stylesheets in
> a pipeline. Regards, Shipra

In recent releases you can use "-" to indicate input from standard
input.

But this isn't the best way of doing a pipeline. You don't need to
serialize the result tree and then parse it again. You can create a
pipeline of SAX filters, either by using the JAXP APIs, or by using the
saxon:next-in-chain extension.

Also, using standard input suffers from the fact that it doesn't have a
known base URI, which means that relative URIs in the document cannot be
resolved.

Michael Kay