Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Transforming problem

From: Rick Taylor <taylor@-------->
Date: 11/11/2003 9:41:00 AM
Francis,

Instead of using the copy-of on the "para" element match use
apply-templates and add another template that matches the
para/text().  This should get you closer to the desired output.

<xsl:template match="para">
        <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="para/text()">
        <xsl:value-of select="." />
</xsl:template>

rick

At 06:41 PM 11/11/2003 +0000, you wrote:
Hi all

Long time lurker, still very novice in XML/SLT/Xanything...

I'm trying to put a simple page together just to show what XML can do. All
is well and good, except that I can't seem to transform some child
elements.  I want to wrap them in some HTML elements, but can't seem to
elements within the parent <article>.

XML is here: http://www.thespiceweasel.com/xsl/newsbrief.xml

XSL is here: http://www.thespiceweasel.com/xsl/transformnews.xsl

The XSL is probably not particularly well written as I'm still new to
this.  Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

Regards

Francis

Rick Taylor
XML Developer