Altova Mailing List Archives

[xsl] Re: Dealing without global counters

From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@--------->
Date: 11/11/2003 8:05:00 PM
This transformation:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
 xmlns:order="my:order"
 exclude-result-prefixes="order"

  <xsl:output method="text"/>
  <order:order>
    <n n="para" p="1"/>
    <n n="image" p="2"/>
    <n n="table" p="3"/>
  </order:order>

  <xsl:variable name="vOrder" select="document('')/*/order:*"/>

  <xsl:template match="chapter">
        db[1]=new dbRecord(chapter stuff)<xsl:text/>
      <xsl:for-each select="/chapter/*[self::para or self::image or
self::table]">
        <xsl:sort select="$vOrder/*[@n = name(current())]/@p"/>

        <xsl:variable name="vPos" select="position() + 1"/>
        db[<xsl:value-of select="$vPos"/>]<xsl:text/>
        <xsl:value-of select="concat('=new dbRecord(', name(), ' stuff)')"/>
      </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

when applied on your source.xml: