Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] global variable and position() once more

From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@--------->
Date: 8/28/2003 2:54:00 PM
<xsl:apply-templates select="text()[position()>$descPos]"/>

That won't work, it's only selecting text nodes that are children of the
html element, and they are all white space.

Anyway, $descPos isn't a position, it's a text node.

If $descPos2 were defined as

<xsl:variable name="descPos2"
select="count($descPos/preceding::text()+1)"/>

then you could select all text nodes that follow it using:

select="(//text)[position() > $descPos2]

but you can do that much more easily as:

  <xsl:apply-templates select="$descPos/following::text()"/>

However, I suspect you don't only want to process the text nodes, you
also want to process their containing elements.

Trouble is, I'm not really sure what you DO want to do.

Michael Kay