Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] if statement

From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@--------------->
Date: 7/2/2003 7:19:00 AM
> How can I test if my current node has a attribute named 'wrap' and if
> it has the value 'yes' I would have to add some things with <xml:text>
> if 'wrap' does not exist or it is 'no', I don't want to add this things.

Hi,

Use choose / when:

<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="@wrap='yes'">
    <wrap>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </wrap>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

where <wrap> is whatever you intend to use to wrap the text.

You may want to cover case issues by using:

<xsl:when test="translate(@wrap,'yes','YES') = 'YES'">

cheers
andrew

---