Altova Mailing List Archives

[xsl] Re: Duplicates

From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@--------->
Date: 6/3/2003 1:08:00 PM

>   Can anybody help me. I want to filter duplicates without use of keys and
>   preceding-sibling
>

> why?
>
> It's like saying I want to sum 1 2 3 4 without using an addition
> operator.

There are real cases when this is simply unavoidable, e.g. trying to get the
distinct-valued nodes from a node-set, containing nodes from more than one
document.

One solution is to use the "make-distinct" template from FXSL. This solution
was first posted in xsl-list a year and a half ago:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xsl-list/2001-12/msg00812.html

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.