Altova Mailing List Archives

[xsl] testing for typeof

From: Rob Rohan <me@------------>
Date: 5/5/2003 7:59:00 PM
I am playing around with xslt2.0, and I need a way to test the typeof
something. I did a quick search on google, and I have greped my quick
reference (1.0 though). Is there a way, or some totally obvious function
to say something like

<xsl:if test="isNodeset(item)"...
<xsl:if test="isString(item)"...
<xsl:if test="isFloat(item)"...
etc?

2.0 (or at least The Saxon XSLT Processor from Michael Kay v7.4) :) has
a strongly typed overtones, and it seems like these would be standard
functions -

can some one point me in the right direction please

thanks

--
Rob Rohan <me@xxxxxxxxxxxx>