Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] A Question **TO** XSLT Newbies

From: S Woodside <sbwoodside@--------->
Date: 4/21/2003 10:12:00 AM
For me a big light-turning-on moment was when I understood that XPath
creates it's own scope inside the expression, that is different from
the scope in the outside XSLT code.

I say "scope" because the word "context" didn't mean much to me as a
procedural programmer. I still think scope makes more sense, but I
never see it used in the literature about xslt in this ... context.

simon

On Monday, April 21, 2003, at 02:08  PM, Andrew Watt wrote:

Interesting. Have you any idea why you find it hard? I know that may
seem a stupid question, but have you reached a stage on some aspects
of XPath where a light has gone and you can say "I wish I had
seen/understood that at the beginning"?

If you or others who find XPath hard care to share what it is that you
find hard it would help those of us on list who try to write learning
materials.

--
www.simonwoodside.com -- 99% Devil, 1% Angel