Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] Documenting XML schema: a schema-to-XHTML stylesheet?

From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@--------->
Date: 4/28/2003 12:13:00 PM
> Argh... I've just found out that one of the XML document
> types that I'd planned to document (by writing an XDR schema,
> and then using XSLT to produce documentation in XHTML) cannot
> be fully expressed in either XDR or XSD

I think it is very rare to find that all the constraints on the validity
of a realistic document type (even considering only the internal
constraints) can be expressed in the form of a grammar. If you can do
this for your other document types, then I suspect there are constraints
that you haven't captured.

Michael Kay