Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] How to filter nodes on attribute values

From: "XSLList" <xsllist@------------->
Date: 3/10/2003 5:43:00 PM
If you don't like my solution create separate templates for each type you
want of the form:

<xsl:template match="Annotation[@type='boring']">

which will give you more granular control over formatting.

Jeff

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform' >
<xsl:output method="html"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
			.interesting {color: red;}
			.boring {color: green;}
			<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Annotation">
		Author = <xsl:value-of select="book/author"/><br/>
		Title = <xsl:value-of select="book/title"/><br/>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Annotations>
	 <Annotation type="interesting">
	    <book id="bk106">
	      <author>Randall, Cynthia</author>
	      <title>Lover Birds</title>
	    </book>
	</Annotation>
	<Annotation type="boring">
	   <book id="bk102">
	      <author>Ralls, Kim</author>
	      <title>Midnight Rain</title>
	    </book>
	</Annotation>
	<Annotation type="indifferent">
	   <book id="bk102">
	      <author>Ledbetter, James</author>
			<title>Starving to Death on $200 Million</title>
	    </book>
	</Annotation>
</Annotations>