Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Thank you Daniel & Brian...

From: David Carlisle <davidc@--------->
Date: 3/30/2003 10:47:00 PM
> ...which I knew was right but had expected for
> the above three to catch any such oops. They
> did not, but the 3WC validator did.

xalan (and any other XSLT engine) doesn't know _anything_ about HTML at
all: it just generates the nodes that you specify so it won't catch any
html errors.

Neither mozilla nor IE use a validating HTML parser, they are designed
to render any hand-authored junk that is thrown at them....

If you are generating XHTML rather than XML then the XML parser in
mozilla is non validating, so also won't catch validation errors.. The
XML parser in IE can validate if you turn on validation from script, but
by default it is non validating, and by default the output of XSLT (even
if specified as being xml) goes to the html parser not the xml one.
David