Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] outputing tags

From: Sam Carleton <sam@-------------->
Date: 1/4/2003 3:36:00 PM
On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 06:43:46PM -0500, cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> The XML sample you listed, is it the source which you are
> trying to transform, or is the the output you desire to
> receive? In either case, send us a sample of the other and
> it will be easier to help.

Sorry about that.  The XML is the source.  I would like the
output to look something like this:

is on a third line</b>

Someone else posted with the obvious correct answer.  I
thought I had tried it, but guess I hadn't.

> Rap yourself on the knuckles with a ruler! We do not output
> tags, we output a node tree comprised of elements (which are
> bounded by opening and closing tags).

Ok, then how do I do this:  I have my xml file with all the
info I need in it.  There is one element named <quote> which
contains quotes.  Some quotes need to have line break ( <br>'s
in HTML).  How do I denote a line break in the XML and then
how do I transform it?

Sam