Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Bi-Di Algorithm Control

From: "Nikolai Grigoriev" <grig@----------->
Date: 10/22/2002 1:49:00 PM
Eliot,

> I'm generating index entries for Arabic documents (using XSL Formatter
> 2.3) and I'm running into a problem with the how the bi-di algorithm is
> being applied. I can solve the problem by adding a bidi-override element
> to the output FO but that solution is not ideal because it would mean
> adding markup to the input XML document, which I would like to avoid.

And what about wrapping fo:leader into an explicitly directed span?
Something like this:

<fo:block-container writing-mode="rl-tb">
   <fo:block >Arabic English1 English2
     <fo:bidi-override unicode-bidi="bidi-override" direction="rtl">
        <fo:leader leader-length="1em"/>
     </fo:bidi-override>
    123
  </fo:block>
</fo:block-container>

It would mark the leader as an explicitly directed element and thus
protect the number from implicit reordering.

Regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX