Altova Mailing List Archives

[xsl] fo:inline vs. fo:wrapper

From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@---------------->
Date: 7/4/2002 3:03:00 PM
Hi all,

I'm wondering about (what may be) a fine point of FO semantics.

Is there something about fo:inline that prevents them from breaking across
lines?

I am seeing this behavior in RenderX XEP (a fine tool), but thought that
inlines could break.

I'm prepared to use fo:wrapper to instigate momentary changes, say, into an
italic face -- but had supposed fo:inline was the right way.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks!
Wendell