Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Borders on column groups

From: Gustaf Liljegren <gustaf.liljegren@------>
Date: 6/7/2002 2:30:00 AM
At 00:15 2002-06-07 +0100, you wrote:

David wrote:

>don't you only want the rule to be drawn if the col is the last in its
>colgroup (and it's not the last colgroup) anyway if so that's something
>like (untested)

Thank you. It sounds right, but there's still something missing. Here's the
code for table header cells:

  <!-- Table header cell -->
  <xsl:template match="th">
    <xsl:variable name="x" select="position()"/>
    <fo:table-cell xsl:use-attribute-sets="table-padding">
      <!-- Handle the rules attribute for 'groups' -->
      <xsl:if test="ancestor::table[@rules='groups']">
        <xsl:attribute name="border-bottom">
          <xsl:value-of select="$border"/>
        </xsl:attribute>
        <xsl:if test="ancestor::table//col[$x]
                      [not(following-sibling::col) and
                      parent::colgroup/following-sibling::colgroup]">
          <xsl:attribute name="border-right">
            <xsl:value-of select="$border"/>
          </xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:if>
      </xsl:if>
      <!-- Handle the rules attribute for 'all' -->
      <xsl:if test="ancestor::table[@rules='all']">
        <xsl:attribute name="border-bottom">
          <xsl:value-of select="$border"/>
        </xsl:attribute>
        <xsl:if test="ancestor::table//col[$x]
                      [parent::colgroup/following-sibling::colgroup]">
          <xsl:attribute name="border-right">
            <xsl:value-of select="$border"/>
          </xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:if>
      </xsl:if>
      <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="table-header">
        <xsl:value-of select="$x"/>
        <!-- <xsl:apply-templates/> -->
      </fo:block>
    </fo:table-cell>
  </xsl:template>

I changed <xsl:apply-templates/> to the value of $x to see what's
happening, and the result is even numbers (2, 4, 6 and 8) in the header
row. The variable $x should count all occurencies of <th> elements in the
current <tr>, shouldn't it? I had expected 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Gustaf