Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: RE: [xsl] Saxon's handling of line breaks

From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@------------>
Date: 5/7/2002 12:01:00 AM
>From your quoting of my reply, it seems it got distorted by the mail system.
I explained that XML parsers turn CRLF into a single NL chaarcter, and the
NL character is all that the XSLT processor sees. If you want to avoid the
XML parser normalizing the line ending, you must write <xsl:text>& # x a ; &
# x d ;</xsl:text> without the spaces.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx