Altova Mailing List Archives

[xsl] searching string! Need your help

From: normbishop1@------------
Date: 5/21/2002 5:37:00 PM
Hello,

First I would like to thank all of you for all the help you have
provided!!!

I think my problem is very simple but I am having trouble making it to
work.
The xsl code should go through the document and find all the <super>
tags. Instead I get this:

[ERROR]: The markup in the document preceding the root element must be
well-formed.
(The xml file is well-formed but not the .fo file.  )

<xsl:template match="node()">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
    <xsl:if test="contains(. ,'<sub>')">
       <fo:inline baseline-shift="super" font-size=".75em">
         <xsl:text>FOUND SUPER </xsl:text>
      </fo:inline>
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

Then, I have tried the following code and got "NO LUCK"!!!!

<xsl:template match="document//*">
<xsl:variable name="curNode" select="."/>
  <xsl:choose>           <xsl:when
test="contains($curNode,'<sub>')">
               <xsl:text>FOUND SUPER </xsl:text>
       </xsl:when>
       <xsl:otherwise>
            <xsl:text>NO LUCK</xsl:text>
       </xsl:otherwise>                           </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

Xml file looks something like this:

<<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='../810_005.xsl'?>
<document id="12345">
  <TABLE >
      <TABLE_TITLE> Table Title </TABLE_TITLE>
          <ROWS>
              <cell X="0" Y="0"/>
          </ROWS>
  </TABLE>