Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] XInclude

From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@------------>
Date: 5/31/2002 12:45:00 AM
On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 11:19:56AM -0400, Sal Mangano wrote:
> Are xslt processors required to use XML parsers that recognize and
> implement xinclude (http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude)?

  No clearly, those are independant steps.

> If not, will they
> when it becomes an official recommendation of the W3C?

  Retroactively for XSLT 1.0, no. For XSLT-2.0 I doubt it too,

> Do any processors
> recognize it already?

  xsltproc has a --xinclude option to implement it, yes

> By "recognize" I, of course, mean "implement" such that the referenced
> document is merged into the including document.

  And don't forget the documents processed using document(), it may
apply there too.

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/