Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] explain of Joerg xslt (was: xsl:copy ...)

From: Mike Brown <mike@-------->
Date: 4/8/2002 11:05:00 PM
> :     <xsl:if test="somethingTrue">
> :       </td>
> :     </xsl:if>
>
> I never told anyone, to do this sort of thing, didn't I?

I said that if someone were to follow the kind of explanation you were giving,
where you talk about "adding tags to the result tree", they would think that
the result tree consists of serialized markup, and it from that they would
infer that something like the above FAQ would be possible. It is worth being
pedantic about terminology, in order to avoid reinforcing crucial
misconceptions among the newbies.

   - Mike