Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] few question regarding the use of id generation

From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew@----------------------->
Date: 2/5/2002 3:28:00 AM
Hi,

generate-id() will generate a unique id for any element, so in your case the
first <c> will have a different generated id to the second <c>.

Do you really want to use generate-id() or do you want your output to have
different id's for elements (for classes in html, say) ??

>secondly, i know i might sound pretty stupid but is there a function in xsl
>that could do similar operation as the following sql command?
>select * from results where c="2";

If c were an attribute of results then:

<xsl:template match="results[@c='2']">

If c were a child/descendant of results then:

<xsl:template match="results[//c='2']">

Cheers

andrew

===