Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: evaluate() function in XPath 2.0 (Was: Re: [xsl] Lookup (?))

From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@------------->
Date: 2/18/2002 8:18:00 AM
Curtis Burisch wrote:

Well said! However, I'm going to play the devil's advocate here. Would
an 'evaluate' function have different capabilities depending on how it
was implemented? Or would each implementation have the same feature-set?

What I am driving at is that it is possible that by standardizing the
evaluate function, creativity and innovation may be stifled; however,
if they will all do pretty much the same thing, just in a different way
and with different syntax, then I'm all for standardizing it.

It's a job for exslt effort, I think.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel