Altova Mailing List Archives

[xsl] Returning a Tree

From: Darren Hayduk <dhayduk@--------------->
Date: 9/4/2001 11:37:00 AM
I'm trying to construct a template (call-template) that will return a node
set, and I can't figure out how to do it.

I've had success calling a template with a node-set (a, below), assigning a
node-set to a variable which can be used in the same context (b, below), but
not returning a node-set (c, below).

A: <xsl:call-template name="a"> <xsl:with-param select="//nodes" name="in"/>
</xsl:call-template>
B: <xsl:variable name="v" select="//nodes"/>
C: <xsl:template name="c"> <xsl:value-of>... -or-
<xsl:copy>...</xsl:template>
and then
<xsl:variable name="vc">
  <xsl:call-template name="c">