Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] Key/Use

From: Kevin_Gutch@-----------
Date: 9/5/2001 5:52:00 AM
Mr. Kay,

Excuse my ignorance but, why is this

 <xsl:key name="lookup" match="row"
 use="concat($TRANSFORMER_SourceCountry,'_layer_name')"/>

 any more useless than?:

 <xsl:key name="lookup" match="row" use="US_layer_name"/>

All I actually want to do is  pass in a parameter from a servlet and use a
dynamic key value to be used in a XSLT LookUp Table. Everything works I
just want to use a dynamic lookup table so I do not have to have more than
one lookup table. So basically US could be BG(Great Britian),CN(Canada)
etc.

                    "Michael Kay"
                    <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>               To:     <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    Sent by:                           cc:
                    owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx        Subject:     RE: [xsl] Key/Use
                    rytech.com

                    09/05/01 04:00 AM
                    Please respond to xsl-list

> Is this code legal? I do not receive any errors but it will
> not work. It
> works fine however, if I insert the a value without concat. I
> know that the
> output of the Concat is correct because I have used it elsewhere.

It is legal but useless. You are indexing each row on the concatenation of
the value of the global variable $TRANSFORMER_SourceCountry (which is the
same for each row), and the literal '_layer_name' (which is also the same
for each row). Therefore every row has the same key value.

Mike Kay