Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators Version 1.0

From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@---------------->
Date: 9/6/2001 10:22:00 AM
At 06:37 PM 9/5/01, Mark wrote:
Michael Kay writes:

 > > With what we hope is in xslt 2.0 there probably isn't

 > > anything we can't

 > > do easily so we can all probably pack up and go home ;-)

 > Well, I don't think trig functions are going to make it into the core

 > (though one never knows!); there will always be *something* left for
others

 > to add!

I actually needed trig functions recently while generating SVG.
Fortunately Saxon provided easy access to those in java.lang.Math.

Thanks Mike for providing us with such a great processor.

I'd actually like to see a little tutorial on how to do this. I know I need
trig functions for my SVG, but I can't remember my trig! (It must have been
those years studying Greek that ruined my brain. :-)

Cheers,
Wendell