Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] difficulties with exclude-result-prefixes and xsl:copy

From: tcn@------------- (------ ----)
Date: 8/8/2001 11:00:00 AM
Amy,

Your approach is right: you have the 'idenetity transform' which
copies everything.

Now just add templates to specify the differences:

Get rid of xql:result, copying its children (i.e. the
Apps:ProductStructure element) :-

<xsl:template match="xql:result">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="*" />
</xsl:template>

And delete the ino:id attribute:

<xsl:template match="@ino:id" />

Regards,
Trevor Nash

>Hi.  I'm not sure how to do this the correct way.  I have the following XML:
>
><xql:result>
>  <Aps:ProductStructure ino:id='4' xmlns:Aps='http://www.foo.com/aps/' id='1'>
>    <Aps:AssemblyName>bar</Aps:AssemblyName>
>    <Aps:AlternateAssemblyName>testc</Aps:AlternateAssemblyName>
>    <Aps:PartNumber>r20359</Aps:PartNumber>
>    <Aps:Name>bar part 4</Aps:Name>
>    <Aps:Description>this is just test data</Aps:Description>
>    <Aps:PartRelationship>
>      <Aps:PreviousAssembly id='0'>
>        <Aps:Name>NSS-10 satellite</Aps:Name>
>        <Aps:QuantityPreviousAssembly>1</Aps:QuantityPreviousAssembly>
>      </Aps:PreviousAssembly>
>      <Aps:Component id='2'>
>        <Aps:Name>bolts</Aps:Name>
>      </Aps:Component>
>      <Aps:Component>
>        <Aps:Name>nuts</Aps:Name>
>      </Aps:Component>
>    </Aps:PartRelationship>
>    <Aps:AsBuilt>
>    </Aps:AsBuilt>
>  </Aps:ProductStructure>
></xql:result>
>
>And I want it returned to me exactly as it is without the <xql:result> tag and
>the
>attribute ino:id after Aps:ProductStructure.
>
>I thought I could just use the xsl:copy like so:
>
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0"
>xmlns:Aps="http://www.foo.com/aps/"
>xmlns:ino="http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2"
>xmlns:xql="http://metalab.unc.edu/xql/"
>exclude-result-prefixes="ino xql">
>
><xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" omit-xml-declaration="yes" />
>
><xsl:template match="* | text() | @*">
>  <xsl:copy>
>    <xsl:apply-templates select="* | text() | @*"/>
>  </xsl:copy>
></xsl:template>
>
></xsl:stylesheet>
>
>but this gives me back exactly what I sent in.  I'm guessing xsl:copy doesn't
>get rid of
>the prefixes and does a straight copy.
>
>What is the easiset way for me to get back what I want?
>
>Thanks for any help you can give.
>
>Amy

Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx