Altova Mailing List Archives

[xsl] gettin value of a node

From: "Earl Spencer" <eapencer74@----------->
Date: 7/20/2001 10:29:00 AM

<z>king</z>
</b3>
<b4>
<x>3</x>
<y>hi</y>
<z>queen</z>
</b4>
</a>

when i transform i have to get a result like this

<group>
<b4>
<x>1</x>
<y>hi</y>
<z>hello</z>
</b4>
<b4>
<x>2</x>
<y>u</y>
<z>king</z>
</b4>
<b4>
<x>3</x>
<y>hi</y>
<z>queen</z>
</b4>
</group>

for this i used an xpath like this
								<xsl:for-each select="//x[not(. = following::x)]">
<xsl:variable name="pos">
  <xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:variable>

which gets me all the unique x values
now when i write a statement like the below
								<xsl:value-of select="//y[//x=$pos]"/>

this statement does not work for me it gives me the same value for all the
y's like it gives me

<group>

<b4>

<x>1</x>

<y>hi</y>

<z>hello</z>

</b4>

<b4>

<x>2</x>

<y>hi</y>

<z>king</z>

</b4>

<b4>

<x>3</x>

<y>hi</y>

<z>queen</z>

</b4>

</group>

can anyone tell me what is wrong please...

Thanx
Spencer