Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] The use of a variable in use-attribute-sets attribute

From: Dan Diebolt <dandiebolt@--------->
Date: 5/14/2001 8:23:00 PM
>I had no problems with using the namespace-prefix in the value of
>the attribute once the prefix was defined in the root stylesheet element.

  <xsl:stylesheet ... xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">

  <xsl:element name="fo:table-cell">
  <xsl:element name="fo:block">

I thought I tried that. But I would like to know myself what the full
explanation is. Specifically, what exactly does the following text
taken from MK's discussion of xsl:element mean:

  "... in other words, there must be an xmlns:prefix attribute
  either on the <xsl:element> instruction itself or on some
  containing element."

It is the first part I am struggling to understand as would gather
placing xmlns:fo on the stylesheet satisfies the second part.

Regards,

Dan