Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] xml->xsl->pdf

From: "cutlass" <cutlass@----------->
Date: 5/23/2001 10:32:00 AM
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Wynacht" <jwynacht@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 7:20 PM
Subject: [xsl] xml->xsl->pdf

> hi,
>
> i tried searching for this on the mulberry site but it looks like the
search
> engine is down. i'd like to know if there is a way to convert xml to pdf
> format using xslt. anybody have experience doing this type of thing and if
> so, can you show some examples or point me to a web site that has some?
>
> i'm trying to create a "print-friendly" version of some web pages.

hello jon,

u wanna take a look at the xsl:fo as u will use this to generate
instructions that can then be translated to pdf using a FOP processor
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3.html

take a looksee at the FOP stuff at apache
http://xml.apache.org/fop/index.html

for the simple things its fairly easy once u have set up FOP processor, but
learning xsl:fo is definately an investment.

good luck, jim fuller