Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] Absolute path for a DTD and a XSL sheet

From: Joern Clausen <joern@------------------------>
Date: 4/3/2001 11:40:00 PM
Hi!

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 03:34:08PM +0200, Frdric SCHWEBEL wrote:

> I know this is not XSL related, but since all my Cocoon and XML-related
> friends are here :) I ask it here though :
>
> Each of my XML and XSL files has a dtd. There are different DTDs, some use
> other DTDs and so on.

This is probably the single most important reason that let's me hesitate
to switch from SGML to XML. SGML has a nice standard for catalogs, which
SP and psgml understand, so I can use PUBLIC identifiers.

There is a proposal for XML Catalogs, see

   http://home.ccil.org/~cowan/XML/XCatalog.html

Does anybody know if this is considered to become a standard? Are there
any parsers/tools that use it already, or will use it in the future, or
which have come up with even a better solution to this problem?

--
 Joern Clausen                                joern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Faculty of Technology                   http://www.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE