Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] including javascript??

From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@----------->
Date: 4/6/2001 2:31:00 AM
Marcus,
You don't tell us what doesn't work. I'm going to guess that you don't get
any output.
I presume you are doing a <xsl:call-template name="javascript_head" />
somewhere. If not then use match instead of name <xsl:template
match="javascript_head">. So then you will need a <javascript_head> element.
Let's assume you are getting into the template. The next problem might be
that the test is failing <xsl:when test="number(NAVIGATION/KAPITEL)=1"> is
saying if the numeric value of NAVIGATION/KAPITEL is 1 then output some
text. This will be true if you have the following xml

    <current context node>
	<NAVIGATION>
		<KAPITEL>1</KAPITEL>
	</NAVIGATION>

If you don't have that structure then the test will be false and you will
get no output.
Here are 2 files that work fine.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<javascript_head>
	<NAVIGATION>
		<KAPITEL>1</KAPITEL>
	</NAVIGATION>
</javascript_head>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

	<xsl:template match="javascript_head">
	<xsl:call-template name="javascript_head" />
	</xsl:template>

	<!-- your template here -->

</xsl:stylesheet>

Ciao Chris