Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] How to test if a node is a descendant of a specific ancestor

From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@------------>
Date: 4/26/2001 7:18:00 AM
> Then I have a template rule in an XSL file that looks like
> the following:
>
> <xsl:template match="//string">
> .......Pseudo code:
> <test if the current context node is a descendant of head-row>
> </test>
>
> <test if the current context node is a descendant of body-row>
> </test>
>

> How can I test this?

<xsl:if test="ancestor::head-row">...

Alternatively, have two separate template rules, and write

xsl:template match="head-row//string" or
xsl:template match="body-row//string"

Michael Kay
Software AG

P.S. I have just received my copies of XSLT Programmer's Reference 2nd
Edition from the printers, so if you have a copy on order, you should be
getting it soon.