Altova Mailing List Archives

[xsl] Need for a technique

From: Paul Terray <terray@------------>
Date: 2/13/2001 2:28:00 AM
Hi everyone,

I need a simple XPath request to look for the following thing :

have the first enclosing element of an element that correspond to certain
names.

For example :
<doc>
<h1>
<h2>
<para>However :<list>
</list>
</para>
</h2>
</h1>
</doc>

In this example, I am looking for the nearest enclosing <hx> element (h1 or
h2).

I need an Xpath expression that would give back h1 for the first <x/>
element, and h2 for the second.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

--

Paul TERRAY - Ing&eacute;nieur Syst&egrave;mes Documentaires

4Dconcept

Centre d'affaires - 22, rue Etienne de Jouy

78353 Jouy en Josas CEDEX

Tel. 01 34 58 70 70 - Fax. 01 39 46 06 90

email : terray@xxxxxxxxxxxx