Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xsl] 2.0 feature request

From: Jeni Tennison <mail@---------------->
Date: 2/20/2001 12:07:00 AM
Dave Pawson wrote:
> /emp[rating = "Poor"]/@mgr->emp/@mgr->emp/name
>
> the -> operator is our old id() function in new clothes.
>
> I think this would be extremely useful.

Just to point out that when you put that into an expression in XSLT
you get:

 /emp[rating = "Poor"]/@mgr -&gt; emp/@mgr -&gt; emp/name

(the > signs have to be escaped in attribute values) which is slightly
less easily readable. It would be nice (i.e. preferential but fairly
low priority) if XPath 2.0 could steer away from using characters that
have to be escaped in attribute values (though it's obviously already
using some, and there are only so many characters you can use).

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison