Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xsl] Re: Time for an XDE?? (JDE for XML)

From: "Evan Lenz" <elenz@----------->
Date: 1/3/2001 1:17:00 PM
>I had planned to post it last weekend but then I decided I create a
>constantly running saxon-based XSLT "server" to handle requests from XAE
>for applying stylesheets to documents, e.g., for converting an xml document
>to html for display in your system's browser.

How is this different from Cocoon?

>XAE/saxon/Internet Explorer is significantly faster than Internet Explorer
>with the latest msxml installed.

Compiled or not, I'll believe it when I see it.  I've found MSXML3 in IE to
beat Cocoon/Java every time in ad hoc testing.  Of course, you have to be
specific about in what cases it's faster.  Large or small documents?  Large
or small stylesheets?  Server load considerations?  etc. etc.

I look forward to checking it out.

Evan