Altova Mailing List Archives

[xsl] tag case conversion problems again

From: "Snyder, Christopher" <SnyderC@------->
Date: 1/23/2001 11:23:00 AM
Thank you everyone who replied to my previous question.  You've been very
gracious and compassionate to me.  I hope you'll forgive my intrusion yet
again.  The conversion looks like it is working as I desired, except that
attributes are being ommitted rather than lower cased. Once again my goal
with this is to convert an XML doc with upper cased tags (and attributes) to
lower cased tag and attribute combinations.

Any thoughts on what I've done wrong are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

<?xml version="1.0"?>
version="1.0">

<!-- Transform a document to itself, lowercasing all tag names -->

  <!-- When you match any element -->
  <xsl:template match="*">
    <!-- Create the same element with a lowercase name -->
    <xsl:element name="{translate(name(),'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ',
                                         'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz')}">
      <!-- Including any attributes it has and any child nodes -->
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:element>
  </xsl:template>

  <!--Match and transform attributes-->
  <xsl:template match="@*">
      <xsl:attribute name="{translate(name(),'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ',
                                         'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz')}``">
          <xsl:value-of select="name()"/>
      </xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:template>