Altova Mailing List Archives

using the node-set() extension function (xt vs. saxon)

From: Eric Vermetten <EVermetten@------------->
Date: 10/30/2000 7:25:00 AM
Hello all,

I'm experiencing difficulties in using the extension function
node-set(). The xt version behaves as expected. The saxon version
(version 5.5.1) gives me problems.

Help is greatly appreciated,
Eric Vermetten

P.S. I've stripped as much code as I could so the examples do not
need any data from a source xml file.

                            <!--******  xt version  ******-->
<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	xmlns:xt="http://www.jclark.com/xt"
	extension-element-prefixes="xt">
<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="ISO-8859-1"/>

<xsl:variable name="indexx">
	<indexentry>ind2</indexentry>
	<indexentry>ind1</indexentry>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:template match="/">
	<entries>
		<xsl:for-each select="xt:node-set($indexx)/indexentry">
			<xsl:sort select="." order="ascending"
data-type="text" />
			<xsl:value-of select="."/>
		</xsl:for-each>
	</entries>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

output:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<entries>ind1ind2</entries>

                            <!--******  saxon version  ******-->
<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!--saxon version-->

<xsl:stylesheet	version="1.0"
	xmlns:saxon="http//icl.com/saxon"
	extension-element-prefixes="saxon">
<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="ISO-8859-1"/>

<xsl:variable name="indexx">
	<indexentry>ind2</indexentry>
	<indexentry>ind1</indexentry>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:template match="/">
	<entries>
		<xsl:for-each select="saxon:node-set($indexx)/indexentry">
			<xsl:sort select="." order="ascending"
data-type="text" />
			<xsl:value-of select="."/>
		</xsl:for-each>
	</entries>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

output:
Transform failed:  At xsl:for-each on line 17 of
file:D:/tgosaxon.xsl: Failed to load saxon

line 17 is the line that contains saxon:node-set call.