Altova Mailing List Archives

Sorting Issue

From: "Jon Wynacht" <jwynacht@--------->
Date: 9/6/2000 1:04:00 AM
Hi,

I have an xsl here:

http://www.switchlight2239.com/temp/vtreport_sort.txt

that I'm trying to get xsl:sort to work on. However, it's not working the
way I thought it would work.

I declare an xsl:param at the top of the page and set it to 1; this would
normally get set by a servlet, but for development I'm just setting it
manually.

My second template matches PXML and test for the value of $sort, the param,
and applies the other template and sorts it all by Title.

Or so I thought. It doesn't do that at all.

In the next template though, I have this statement <xsl:sort
select="Title"/> and if I uncomment it, things sort fine. However, I need to
be able to sort based on a passed parameter, which will correspond to sort
value.

Any help here is greatly appreciated, as always.

Thanks,

Jon

PS - I'm using the old namespace because I'm using the old parser (v0185)
but as soon as I solve this problem I'll be moving to Xalan.

Jon Wynacht
Web Developer/New Technologies
Field Operations Engineering
Cisco Systems