Altova Mailing List Archives

Is XSL suitable for batch processing?

From: "Loz" <loz_h@------------->
Date: 8/18/2000 11:42:00 AM
I'm currently writing an application that has to write settlement files for
various banks, the input data for each can easily be expressed as an XML
file but the format of file for each bank is slightly different. This sounds
like a situation where having a different XSL file for each bank could work.
The only thing is I'm not sure that XSL will scale to large files. In its
full glory the output tree can be created in a piecemeal fashion, my
transformations are so simple that they could easily work in a sequential
way. Does anyone have any experience of using XSL with large files? Should I
try the XSL route, or should I limit myself to writing a hook into a SAX
parser for each bank.

Thanks

Loz