Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Crazy idea: loopback namespace

From: "Jon Smirl" <jonsmirl@------------>
Date: 2/25/2000 7:20:00 AM
Here's any example of chained defaulting that gives me trouble.  I call
template A without specifying foo. When I get to template B foo will not be
set to 'def' because the intermediate stage caused foo to be defined as ''
instead of undefined. I need the select on the call to template B to forward
foo in case foo was passed in.

<xsl:call-template name="A"/>

<xsl:template name="A">
    <xsl:param name="foo"/>

    <xsl:call-template name="B">
        <xsl:with-param name="foo" select="$foo"/>
    </xsl:call-template>
<xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="B">
    <xsl:param name="foo" select="def"/>