Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: XML/XSL -> PDF

From: Ben Robb <Ben@---------->
Date: 12/2/1999 11:03:00 AM
Linda wrote:
>BTW, what exactly do you want to do with XML-XSL>PDF? Integrate
>it with an
>ERP product? I'm curious...

I get asked if it is possible fairly frequently, and when I get a spare week
or two (as if...) I plan to build one. Mostly, people who want XML->PDF want
it because they have an XML generated website and they want to be able to
offer printable downloads of parts of their site - and have the data all
stored in one place (ie, the XML).

Also, if you had the reverse (PDF -> XML) you could very easily convert all
of the PDFs scattered around a large corporate website to XML and therefore
use the information stored in them more efficiently.

Ben Robb
cScape