Altova Mailing List Archives

extension functions

From: Earl Bingham <earl@--------->
Date: 11/7/1999 12:54:00 PM
I have been wanting to create an extension function that receives a name

value pair and does some processing and returns a specific value. The
example given by James Clark shows how to use the constructor for
then returning a string, but I was having difficulty passing arguements
the class. Has anyone been able to have this operation work?

sample stylesheet of what I would like to do:
<xsl:stylesheet
  version="1.0"
  xmlns:author="http://www.jclark.com/xt/java/com.mycompany.Hello"
  exclude-result-prefixes="author"

<xsl:template match="/">
 <xsl:variable name="firstVar">Name Variable</xsl:variable>
 <xsl:variable name="secVar">Value Variable</xsl:variable>
 <xsl:if test="function-available('author:to-string') and
function-available('author:new')">
$secVar))"/></p>
 </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

java class:

public class Hello {
  public Hello(String first, String second) {
    String myFirst = first;
    String mySecond = second;
  }
}

Thanks,

Earl

begin:vcard
n:Bingham;Earl
tel;cell:(408) 806-6642
tel;fax:(650) 559-1738
tel;home:(650) 559-1738
tel;work:(408) 993-2140
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.b-bop.com
org:B-Bop Associates Inc.;Engineering
adr:;;2 North First Street;San Jose;CA;94024;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:earl@xxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Software Engineer
note:"Live Free Or Die"