Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: Why Doesn't IE5 use the DTD to Validate?

From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@------------->
Date: 4/1/1999 5:46:00 PM
Hi Jelks

Hoops I typed the return key too fast :-) I guess I am really too tired, too
many hours behind my screen and too much energy taken to type :-)))

So your point is quite valid but you have to agree that this is not
validation but entity resolution. We do not check the structural integrity
by doing this, we simply resolve entities and some other function necessary
for parsing. But this is not validation.

Regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com