Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: generating XML from ini-file

From: Rick Geimer <rick.geimer@------->
Date: 4/26/1999 2:03:00 AM
Oliver,

Since your initial document is not XML, I don't think you could use XSL for
this transformation.

The typical way to do this kind of up-translation is to use a pattern
matching language to process the ini-file,  write out your XML as best you
can to match the structure required by the DTD, then parse the result to
make sure the output is error-free.

I typically use OmniMark, since it has a powerful pattern matching language
and a built-in XML parser, but you could do this with Perl as well,
especially with the XML module.

Hope this helps.

Rick Geimer
National Semiconductor